About Our Firm
With offices in Wilmington, Philadelphia, and Media, we represent individuals and companies with financial problems. We understand the collaborative effort necessary to effectively handle business disputes, and we work closely with our clients during every phase of the litigation and negotiation process.
thomas d bielli
J.D., Widener University School of Law, evening division (2005) B.A., California State University at San Marcos (2000)
1905 Spruce St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone (215) 642-8271
Fax (215) 754-4177
9 West 3rd Street
Media, PA 19063
Phone (484) 441-6444
Fax (215) 754-4177
Tom focuses his practice on commercial bankruptcy and commercial litigation. He has experience in all aspect of commercial bankruptcy proceedings. Super Lawyers consistently recognizes his efforts and contributions in the practice of law, naming Tom a Rising Star for 2012-2016 and a Super Lawyer for 2017-2021. As a graduate of Widener University School of Law, Tom served on the editorial board of the Widener Law Review (Blue Book Editor). He was also a member of the Moot Court Honors Society, and a Distinguished Finkelman Scholar. Prior to law school, Tom attended the California State University at San Marcos.
david m klauder
J.D., The George Washington University Law School (1999) B.B.A., Loyola University Maryland (1996)
1204 N. King Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Phone (302) 803-4600
Fax (302) 397-2557
Dave focuses his practice on commercial and corporate bankruptcy, commercial and general litigation, and corporate law. Dave has experience in all aspects of corporate and personal bankruptcy having practiced many years for the bankruptcy section of the Department of Justice. Dave also has experience in various aspects of litigation, including lead trial counsel in a number of civil and commercial litigation cases in federal and state courts.
Prior to forming Bielli & Klauder, Dave spent ten years as a Trial Attorney for the Office of the United States Trustee, the bankruptcy arm of the Department of Justice. As an attorney in the Wilmington, Delaware office of the U.S. Trustee’s Office, Dave had primary responsibility on behalf of the federal government for some of the largest corporate Chapter 11 bankruptcies in the country, including, among others, Owens Corning, W.R. Grace & Co., Tribune Co., Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. and NewPage Corp. He was also selected to be a part of the team at the U.S. Trustee’s Office providing assistance on the historic General Motors chapter 11 bankruptcy case. Dave has litigated numerous complex matters in federal bankruptcy courts in Delaware and Pennsylvania. His responsibilities for the U.S. Trustee’s Office also included forming creditors’ committees, conducting debtor examinations, drafting objections, motions, and other pleadings, and appearing in federal bankruptcy court on a routine basis on various matters.
After leaving the U.S. Trustee’s Office, Dave joined O’Kelly Ernst & Bielli, LLC, where he helped expand their bankruptcy and litigation practices in both Delaware and Pennsylvania. Dave then left O’Kelly Ernst & Bielli and formed Bielli & Klauder with Tom Bielli in October 2015, and continues to grow his practice areas.
- Delaware State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Delaware Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Counsel to Prescription Advisory Systems & Technology, Inc., an emerging medical technology company, who successfully reorganized in a chapter 11 bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Counsel to Short Bark Industries, Inc., a manufacturer of uniforms and apparel supplied to the U.S. military, who completed a sale of their assets in a chapter 11 proceeding in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Co-counsel to Filip Technologies, Inc., and affiliated debtors, an international technology company, who successfully pursued a sale of their assets and confirmed a chapter 11 plan in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Co-counsel to the Disinterested Directors of Energy Future Holding Corp., one of the largest corporate bankruptcies filed in the District of Delaware
- Appointed Fee Examiner in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware in the following chapter 11 cases: Cal Dive International, Inc., et al.; Paragon Offshore PLC, et al.; Prospector Offshore Drilling S.a r.l., et al.; Terravia Holdings, Inc., et al.; Lily Robotics, Inc.; and Aerogroup International, Inc., et al.
- Counsel to Chapter 7 trustees in various cases in the District of Delaware
- Appointed Chapter 7 Trustee in the case of Raytrans Holdings, Inc., a corporate chapter 7 case filed in the District of Delaware
- Lead counsel for numerous corporate and individual chapter 11 debtors in the District of Delaware, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the District of New Jersey
- Litigated numerous actions on both plaintiff and defendant side, including in Bankruptcy Court, and state and federal courts in Delaware and Pennsylvania
- Lead Trial Attorney at the U.S. Trustee’s Office in the District of Delaware in numerous complex chapter 11 cases
BIELLI & KLAUDER, LLP: THE BANKRUPTCY BOUTIQUE DEFTLY NAVIGATING ITS CLIENTS THROUGH CHOPPY FINANCIAL TIME
Published 9/21/2020 on the LegalDecoder.com: "Since nationwide lockdown orders in response to Covid-19 were put into place in late March, many sectors of the economy have been devastated affording lawyers who specialize in bankruptcy law a surge of new business. Large...
Bielli & Klauder, LLC is proud to announce that on April 8th the Honorable Robert D. Drain appointed David Klauder as the Examiner in the In re Purdue Pharma L.P., et al., bankruptcy cases pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of...
Bielli & Klauder, LLC is proud to report that it was selected as counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the XTL-PA, Inc. and XTL, Inc. bankruptcy cases. The selection is pending approval of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern...
Bielli & Klauder, LLC Aids Short Bark Industries, Inc. in the Sale of Its Assets to Point Blank Enterprises, Inc.
With the help of Bielli and Klauder, LLC, in October of 2017, Short Bark Industries Inc. finalized a sale of substantially all of its assets to Point Blank Enterprises, Inc.. The sale took place following Short Bark’s Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing with the U.S....